Generally, plumbing failures don’t happen suddenly overnight without warning. However, that’s how many homeowners feel because they don’t know to watch for plumbing warning signs. Often, getting plumbing services sooner rather than later can save you money because you are dealing with a small issue and localized damage to your home. If you wait too long to get plumbing services, you may end up with major water damage or even mold overgrowth that can be very expensive to deal with.
Don’t be surprised. Know when to get professional plumbing services by keeping your eyes out for these signs of plumbing trouble:
- Sputtering faucets: While it is true that occasional air might get into a plumbing line, if you have sputtering faucets in multiple locations in your home, it could be a sign of a crack in a major line.
- Rattling pipes: If your pipes rattle and make noise, there is something that is not right.
- High water bills: If you can’t explain the increase in your water bill, suspect a plumbing problem.
- Water pressure: Maybe your pressure has gradually or suddenly gotten lower, but don’t wait to get help.
- Toilets: If you hear water running when you haven’t flushed the toilet recently or if your toilet is making a bubbling noise, there could be a problem.
- Drains: Slow drains are more than just annoying. They could indicate a serious problem. Especially if you have more than one slow drain.
It may seem silly to call for plumbing services if you feel like you have a minor problem, but it can save you money by reducing water usage and making it less likely that you will have water damage in your home.